Sunday, September 19, 2010

still in DC

Well, the rest of my training group is now settling in Ukraine and I'm still at the Holiday Inn in Georgetown. My Peace Corps passport has been held up so I can't go anywhere until I get that vital document back. At least a chunk of us are stuck here, about 30 from our group of around 80, so it's a chance for us to bond and relax for a bit. Still, I just want to get there and get started. We're hopeful that we'll be able to get on a flight tomorrow evening (Monday) and be in Ukraine Tuesday. At least the weather is cooperating in DC and I'm enjoying one last glorious weekend in my "home town" before I leave.

I still don't have anything interesting to report. Guess this is just more of a status update than anything else.

On a totally unrelated note, here's a picture of Sadie with all her new dog friends! Buddy, the lab, is her new BFF in Iowa and Molly, the poodle, is my parents' dog who is being a gracious hostess to Sadie right now and is showing her the ropes in St. Louis. And that's Brad, my sister's boyfriend and Buddy's daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed you! Did they tell you to add that kind of a tagline if you have a blog? Safe travels -- I hope you can get your passport back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete